Antonyms for obtunded
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : ob-tuhnd|
|Phonetic Transcription : ɒbˈtʌnd|
Definition of obtundedOrigin :
- c.1400, (transitive) "to render dead, make dull," used occasionally in English, especially in medical jargon; from Latin obtundere "to blunt, make dull, weaken, exhaust," literally "to beat against" (see obtuse). Related: Obtundation; obtunded.
- As in numb : verb deaden
- As in blunt : verb make dull
- Madeira did not seem to be unconscious, but his senses were obtunded, and it was some minutes before he could sit up.
- Extract from : « Sally of Missouri » by R. E. Young
- But one phase of it seemed to reach his obtunded consciousness, for this made a direct inroad upon his bank account.
- Extract from : « The Gay Gnani of Gingalee » by Florence Huntley
Synonyms for obtunded
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019