Antonyms for nonsensical
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : non-sen-si-kuh l|
|Phonetic Transcription : nɒnˈsɛn sɪ kəl|
Definition of nonsensicalOrigin :
- 1650s, from nonsense + -ical. Related: Nonsensically.
- adj absurd
- That is, I really have a notion of why I have collected all the nonsensical things there are.
- Extract from : « Alarms and Discursions » by G. K. Chesterton
- What nonsensical scheme about making me an inspector of this or a collector of that?
- Extract from : « Davenport Dunn, Volume 2 (of 2) » by Charles James Lever
- Aleck, why are you so nonsensical as to pretend you don't see it's for you?
- Extract from : « The Story of the White-Rock Cove » by Anonymous
- I notice there's no nonsensical chatter when you want to ask for something to eat.
- Extract from : « Space Prison » by Tom Godwin
- The fervour of his words was nonsensical, but his intention, alas, was becoming clear.
- Extract from : « Tutors' Lane » by Wilmarth Lewis
- These comments of the rabbins are accordingly frivolous and nonsensical.
- Extract from : « Commentary on Genesis, Vol. II » by Martin Luther
- A mere wind-bag, that's what he is, with a lot of nonsensical ideas about his own importance.
- Extract from : « Virginia » by Ellen Glasgow
- I must confess that I get lonely for some one who talks my kind of nonsensical talk.
- Extract from : « Dear Enemy » by Jean Webster
- All that is what seems to me so nonsensical, so uncalled for.
- Extract from : « You Never Can Tell » by George Bernard Shaw
- The ridiculous or the nonsensical is worthy only to be laughed at.
- Extract from : « English Synonyms and Antonyms » by James Champlin Fernald
Synonyms for nonsensical
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019