Antonyms for nonpoisonous
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : poi-zuh-nuh s|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈpɔɪ zə nəs|
Definition of nonpoisonousOrigin :
- 1570s, from poison (n.) + -ous. Failed 16c. rivals were poisonsome, poisonful, poisony. Earlier poisoned was used (late 15c.). Related: Poisonously; poisonousness.
- As in safe : adj not dangerous
- (e) The poisonous portions are not distinguishable from the nonpoisonous, either macroscopically or microscopically.
- Extract from : « Appletons' Popular Science Monthly, November 1899 » by Various
- Her second-stage rockets were also of the nonpoisonous variety, because she fired them at a bare 60,000 feet.
- Extract from : « Space Tug » by Murray Leinster
- Several species of nonpoisonous snakes were more common but were nowhere really abundant.
- Extract from : « Camps and Trails in China » by Roy Chapman Andrews and Yvette Borup Andrews
Synonyms for nonpoisonous
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019