Antonyms for noninflammable
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : in-flam-uh-buhl|
|Phonetic Transcription : ɪnˈflæm ə bəl|
Definition of noninflammableOrigin :
- early 15c., in medicine, "liable to inflammation," from Middle French inflammable and directly from Medieval Latin inflammabilis, from Latin inflammare (see inflame). As "able to be set alight," c.1600. Related: Inflammability.
- As in fireproof : adj resistant to burning
- It has the advantage of being comparatively nonpoisonous and noninflammable and is easily transported and handled.
- Extract from : « The House Fly and How to Suppress It » by L. O. Howard and F. C. Bishopp
- The janitor covered them with other, noninflammable junk and went on about his business.
- Extract from : « The Scarlet Lake Mystery » by Harold Leland Goodwin
Synonyms for noninflammable
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019