Antonyms for neology
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : nee-ol-uh-jee|
|Phonetic Transcription : niˈɒl ə dʒi|
Definition of neology
- As in neologism : noun new word
- As in loan word : noun word borrowed from another language
- Neology, or the novelty of new words and phrases, remarks on, iii.
- Extract from : « Curiosities of Literature, Vol. 3 (of 3) » by Isaac Disraeli
- His neology is one among many instances of his contempt for the past and his wish to be clear of all association with it.
- Extract from : « Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th Edition, Volume 3, Slice 6 » by Various
- Neology, the name given to the rationalist theology of Germany or the rationalisation of the Christian religion.
- Extract from : « The Nuttall Encyclopaedia » by Edited by Rev. James Wood
- For this was the age of Benthamism in social philosophy and "German neology" in biblical criticism.
- Extract from : « The Political History of England - Vol XI » by George Brodrick
- Dean Milman's neology, the peculiarities of the Irvingites, and the dangerous Oxford tracts, were alternately denounced.
- Extract from : « Old and New London » by Walter Thornbury
Synonyms for neology
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019