Antonyms for necromancer
|Grammar : Noun|
|Spell : nek-ruh-man-see|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈnɛk rəˌmæn si|
Definition of necromancerOrigin :
- c.1300, from Old French nigromansere, from nigromancie (see necromancy).
- As in magician : noun person who performs supernatural
- As in sorcerer : noun wizard
- As in warlock : noun sorcerer, wizard
- As in witch : noun person who casts spells over others
- As in wizard : noun person who can perform magic
- As in lamia : noun witch
- Which done, he kissed him againe, and wylled the Necromancer to make hast.
- Extract from : « The Palace of Pleasure » by William Painter
- Rich, with his "Necromancer," conjured all the town within the ring of his little theatre.
- Extract from : « Their Majesties' Servants (Volume 1 of 3) » by John Doran
Synonyms for necromancer
- feats or tricks archimage
- medicine person
- miracle worker
- witch doctor
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019