Antonyms for naturally
|Grammar : Adv|
|Spell : nach-er-uh-lee, -uh l-lee, nach-ruh-lee, -ruh l-lee|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈnætʃ ər ə li, -əl li, ˈnætʃ rə li, -rəl li|
Definition of naturallyOrigin :
- late 13c., "inherently, intrinsically, characteristically," from natural + -ly (2). From late 14c. as "in accord with natural law;" also "normally; usually, expectedly; as a matter of course, consequently, understandably." The notion is "as a natural result." From early 15c. as "without artificial assistance, by a natural process."
- adv as anticipated
- He was not naturally bad, but he had fallen a victim to sudden temptation.
- Extract from : « Brave and Bold » by Horatio Alger
- I cannot bear the reflections that naturally arise from this consideration.
- Extract from : « Clarissa, Volume 1 (of 9) » by Samuel Richardson
- She must be dazzlingly, but naturally, blonde and very beautiful.
- Extract from : « Grace Harlowe's Return to Overton Campus » by Jessie Graham Flower
- The Marquis had naturally expected to find him in the midst of pomp.
- Extract from : « Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine, No. 327 » by Various
- Where this treasure is, there, naturally enough, our hearts will be also.
- Extract from : « The Conquest of Fear » by Basil King
- Naturally by far the most important part of this was gesture.
- Extract from : « The Dramatic Values in Plautus » by Wilton Wallace Blancke
- Not of so much as is naturally involved in marriage, I allow.
- Extract from : « Weighed and Wanting » by George MacDonald
- Naturally, she says some one else must have put the stolen goods there.
- Extract from : « Within the Law » by Marvin Dana
- Nil admirari is the motto of the Man of Taste in Building, where he is naturally at home.
- Extract from : « De Libris: Prose and Verse » by Austin Dobson
- "I don't see how we can ask them, and do it naturally," said Dr. Everett.
- Extract from : « Ester Ried Yet Speaking » by Isabella Alden
Synonyms for naturally
- but of course
- by birth
- by nature
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019