Antonyms for nationwide
|Grammar : Adj, adv|
|Spell : ney-shuh n-wahyd|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈneɪ ʃənˈwaɪd|
Definition of nationwideOrigin :
- 1915, from nation + wide.
- As in national : adj concerning a country with a
- As in nationally : adv everywhere
- The home demonstration agent also ran the county's 4-H clubs, branches of a nationwide organization founded in 1903.
- Extract from : « Frying Pan Farm » by Elizabeth Brown Pryor
- There are reasons why the President should try to represent the country as a whole, since he is elected in a nationwide balloting.
- Extract from : « Behind the Mirrors » by Clinton W. Gilbert
- But as the Danbury concern was determined to fight the union, in 1902 a nationwide boycott was declared.
- Extract from : « The Armies of Labor » by Samuel P. Orth
- First, the special and unique problem of nationwide strikes in vital industries affecting the public interest.
- Extract from : « State of the Union Addresses of Harry S. Truman » by Harry S. Truman
- General strikes, sympathetic strikes, nationwide boycotts and nation-wide political movements became the order of the day.
- Extract from : « A History of Trade Unionism in the United States » by Selig Perlman
- A bigger game it turned out than any of the players knew, bigger in its immediate sweep and in its nationwide issues.
- Extract from : « Corporal Cameron » by Ralph Connor
- A nationwide civil defense system now exists in the United States, and is being enlarged and improved constantly.
- Extract from : « In Time Of Emergency » by Department of Defense
- I shall propose Federal legislation to assist the States to promote concerted action in dealing with this nationwide problem.
- Extract from : « Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to 2006 » by Various
- The Nazis even forbade the press to mention the incident, lest it become a signal for a nationwide demonstration of solidarity.
- Extract from : « Introduction to Non-Violence » by Theodore Paullin
- Were you writing boys' stories for a nationwide magazine of high circulation and accredited quality?
- Extract from : « The Fourth R » by George Oliver Smith
Synonyms for nationwide
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019