Antonyms for narrating
|Grammar : Verb|
|Spell : nar-eyt, na-reyt|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈnær eɪt, næˈreɪt|
Definition of narratingOrigin :
- 1748, back-formation from narration or else from Latin narratus, past participle of narrare "to tell, relate, recount" (see narration). "Richardson and Johnson call it Scottish" [OED], a stigma which kept it from general use until 19c. A few mid-17c. instances are traceable to Spanish narrar. Related: Narrated; narrating.
- verb describe, detail
- Vuillet commenced by narrating the entry of the insurgents into Plassans.
- Extract from : « The Fortune of the Rougons » by Emile Zola
- In doing so you will have the pleasure of narrating the reason of your fame.
- Extract from : « The Economist » by Xenophon
- He laughed while narrating this part at the recollection of his polite alacrity.
- Extract from : « Lord Jim » by Joseph Conrad
- After a short time the Indians all left the cabin, and the white men held a conference together, narrating past events.
- Extract from : « The Adventures of the Chevalier De La Salle and His Companions, in Their Explorations of the Prairies, Forests, Lakes, and Rivers, of the New World, and Their Interviews with the Savage Tribes, Two Hundred Years Ago » by John S. C. Abbott
- While they were narrating their adventures, others gathered round to listen.
- Extract from : « Roger Willoughby » by William H. G. Kingston
- The captain had been narrating some of them to us a few evenings before.
- Extract from : « James Braithwaite, the Supercargo » by W.H.G. Kingston
- Fanning has the solitary distinction of narrating the other side.
- Extract from : « Paul Jones » by Hutchins Hapgood
- His adventure was so thoroughly characteristic that I may be excused for narrating it.
- Extract from : « Under the Red Crescent » by Charles S. Ryan
- What I am narrating I have seen, and I am not the only one who saw it.
- Extract from : « The Empress Josephine » by Louise Muhlbach
- To judge from his tone in narrating, he said it in no amiable voice.
- Extract from : « Memoirs of a Surrey Labourer » by George Sturt (AKA George Bourne)
Synonyms for narrating
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019