Antonyms for inexpressive
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : in-ik-spres-iv|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˌɪn ɪkˈsprɛs ɪv|
Definition of inexpressive
- adj blank
- Unfortunately the gong was inexpressive of the mood of the person who beat upon it.
- Extract from : « Alice Adams » by Booth Tarkington
- Eagerly he gazes on her charms; in thought he devours her inexpressive beauties.
- Extract from : « Imogen » by William Godwin
- But this is an unfortunate and inexpressive way of describing their relation to us.
- Extract from : « Theaetetus » by Plato
- And the unrelated, inexpressive voice said: 'Give me your hand.'
- Extract from : « Tales Of Hearsay » by Joseph Conrad
- His face, now hardly visible, was as inexpressive as the door of a safe.
- Extract from : « The Rescue » by Joseph Conrad
- He did not know that behind the jerky manner and inexpressive face there was a Soul.
- Extract from : « The Limit » by Ada Leverson
- The Swede was as inexpressive as ever, with the same half-smile on his fair, serious face.
- Extract from : « Northern Travel » by Bayard Taylor
- Joy proved to be a mild and inexpressive word for the party.
- Extract from : « Wanted: A Husband » by Samuel Hopkins Adams
- The American term is “ledge,” and it is not inappropriate or inexpressive.
- Extract from : « Getting Gold » by J. C. F. Johnson
- Julian looked as inexpressive and immovable as a stone crusader.
- Extract from : « The Second Fiddle » by Phyllis Bottome
Synonyms for inexpressive
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019