Antonyms for disparate
|Grammar : Adj|
|Spell : dis-per-it, dih-spar-|
|Phonetic Transcription : ˈdɪs pər ɪt, dɪˈspær-|
Definition of disparateOrigin :
- c.1600, "unlike in kind," from Latin disparatus, past participle of disparare "divide, separate," from dis- "apart" (see dis-) + parare "get ready, prepare" (see pare); meaning influenced by Latin dispar "unequal, unlike." Related: Disparately; disparateness.
- adj at odds, different
- No doubt his attachment to the disparate couple counted for not a little.
- Extract from : « Romance » by Joseph Conrad and F.M. Hueffer
- Such associations of disparate senses are called complications.
- Extract from : « An Introduction to Psychology » by Wilhelm Max Wundt
- The disparate elements of the mediaeval personality were as yet unblended.
- Extract from : « The Mediaeval Mind (Volume I of II) » by Henry Osborn Taylor
- But Noli was too radical to command the support of the disparate coalition that had ousted Zogu.
- Extract from : « Area Handbook for Albania » by Eugene K. Keefe
- He has succeeded, according to them, in heaping together an immense amount of information, but it is of the most disparate value.
- Extract from : « Catholic Churchmen in Science » by James J. Walsh
- His remarks were occasional and disparate, but she guessed his train of thought, supplying easily the missing links.
- Extract from : « Evelyn Innes » by George Moore
- The dream element truly represents all this disparate matter in the dream content.
- Extract from : « Dream Psychology » by Sigmund Freud
- But in him the two moods were disparate, even in conflict; in Brooke they were seemingly fused.
- Extract from : « Recent Developments in European Thought » by Various
- The subjects treated are so numerous and disparate that no general idea of them can be given.
- Extract from : « Library of the World's Best Literature, Ancient and Modern, Vol. 15 » by Various
- To make sense of disparate data and from them form new productive endeavors is a formidable task.
- Extract from : « The Civilization of Illiteracy » by Mihai Nadin
Synonyms for disparate
Based on : Thesaurus.com - Gutenberg.org - Dictionary.com - Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019